Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I'm getting older

Today I got a surprise phone call from my hometown youth! (It was almost 5 years that I am away from my hometown......use to be a youth worker in my home church.) So, this youth of mine by the name of Ah Kuan, I was teaching him when he was like 13-14 something. And now he is really all grow up, looking for a new life in a big city, young and tender, full of dreams & playful, and he is 19 years old! (And how old I became!......) So, I took him for lunch, show him a bit of my church and we have a jamming session in the main hall. He was improve amazingly playing the bass and drums. I remember how he started to learnt those instruments, it was slow and full of mistakes and I always told him to try again slowly. It's lovely how a note grown into a beautiul song, a seed grown into a beautiful tree! I love passing on what God have taught me with the gift and talent He offers me, that's why I beginning to enjoy teaching my music class. Thanks God for letting me have such pleasure to reach out...... Proverbs 22:6 Teach your children to choose the right path, and when they are older, they will remain upon it.

4 comments:

Shirley Șerban said...

Hey Felix!! Nice to find your blog and see what you're up to. :) Greetings from another ex-Douloi music-maker!! :)

Felix Chai said...

I read your blog and really enjoy it! I would visit often to dig your MIND!! Ha...

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»