Saturday, January 27, 2007

Night Classes......


Ummm....I didn't update myself much huh! Recently, I just applied for a weekly friday night classes about Missiology at STS, Sabah Theological Seminary. This course will last until end of June; conducted by an American Professor "Dr. Phil Baker", a very old man (around 70) but amazingly zealous person.

So, Missiology huh! What's that? I was scratching my head the first day I seated in my class. My class-mates were mostly pastor, seminary students, professional people...... not very friendly in deed! (I can't imagine how rude for somebody not smiling back when I put up my "celebrity" smile! What a bunch of "HOLY" people! huh.....) I guess my long dye hair with funny hat, allows them to categories me.....the nerd, wacko! (I love being wacky!) Ummm....who cares about them! I'm here to upgrade myself about mission!

Funny story, I was talking to the guard in the gate, who apparently got the job in this seminary few months ago. He was not a Christian, and no one talks to him about the gospel of Jesus, and he wasn't invited for the chapel service. (Gosh.....that's really get me! Piss off!) Well, here I am studying about mission, and the professor said that God's love is for all the people of the world, not only exclusively to special people (such as Christian) and we need to spread it out; and all the students nodded their heads. (What a bunch of phoney!) I don't see their interest in being a missionary, but just plainly academic.

Sometime I really don't understand how human can behave in such a way, studying the topic about saving mankind yet not practise it! Looks serious in front of a professor, but take it lightly outside the class......Please practise what you preach! (Good Lord!......)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Felix
I know what you mean - I've been looking to enroll in business classes, but the university seemed to have such dreadful business practices I decided they weren't suitable to teach me. After all - where would I be if I learned to run a business exactly the way they run theirs?
Cheers
Lynsey

Felix Chai said...

Exactly!...

:(
Happy New YEar Lynsey...I've been reading your blog entry, too bad I can't leave comments!
All the best!

With love, felix