Friday, March 24, 2006

Talk about spiritual desert

Today, I was just reading a book by Jennifer Rees Larcombe"Where have You gone God?". It was written in the book about spiritual deserts of Christian life around the world, including some of the famous world leaders.

Recently, I developed a kind of depression inside of me and really got bored of working in the church, everything seems like a routine to me, I lost my joy in my works! (What a horror!) Well, I guess the best thing for me to do it's just take a walk, quiet down, seeking for refreshments. (So I continue dive into the books!) As I read on, a line from the book pops into my mind... "Here I am, serving God, just where God wants me to be, doing what God wants me to do, until God tells me to do something else." - what a refreshing thoughts and insights! Immediately, I repented and asked God to forgive me for not looking into His bigger plan in my life, how short-sighted am I. Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (NLT)

No comments: