Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Let's go to ......U-N-F-A-I-R!?

That day, I brought my little girl to the city for some great fun, and at the entrance there was a big sign wired in neon light, F-U-N-F-A-I-R! It was colorful and blinking non-stop! My little girl couldn't wait any longer, she ran into it and yelled, "I love F-U-N-F-A-I-R! Let's go!"

Inside the park, there was Merry Go Round, Haunted House, Space Twisted Ride, Boomerang, Mighty Drop, Super Toaster.....anything it's so kiddie and childish. But my little girl was marvel with everything, she wants to ride on all of them. (Of course, most of them were not built for little girls like her!)

When she realized most of them were prohibited for her age, she was a bit grumpy! (Oops!) I quickly pulled her away to the "toss a ring and win a doll" kind of stall; she immediately shot her eyes wide open towards the "Winnie The Pooh" doll hanging on the ceiling. She dragged me closer to the stall and pointing her little pink finger to the doll, and gave me that "I want the doll!" looks. (I know dear!) So I took the exchange play token from my pocket to the lazy looking man standing at the stall, he throw three small rings on my palm.

Ummm...to win the Pooh Bear, I need to score at least 1000 points! On the table there were ten different size of glasses, marked with each individual points on it, to score 1000 points seems impossible! So I took a deep breath, raise my hand to tossed my first ring, and it landed on one of the 100 points. (Oh my! I need 900 points more!) OK! Here is my second toss, I shot my eyes
toward the 500 points glass. And this time, the ring got stucked on the 400 points glass! I missed! (My little girl was looking at my direction, with that "looks" again!)

Well, at least I got 500 points now! I just need another 500 points to win that Pooh Bear! (OK, here we go again, just give me a 500 points!) So I tossed my last ring, and it flew from my hand, hanging on the air a little, then landed itself on the ground. (Shoot! I can see my girl's redness rising on her face!) She cried so loud, screaming, "I want Winnie The Pooh! I want Winnie The Pooh!..". (Good grief! What a scary place to hang around with kids!) So I dragged her out of the park, and I promised to get her Pooh Bear at Toy "R" Us instead. She wiped her tears away and hold my hands.

On my way walking out of the park, I took another look at the sign again. Hey! The "F" was stop blinking, now it become U-N-F-A-I-R...... ha! It certainly was!
Written by Felix Chai 16th August 2006

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hello there (waving) thanks for droping my blog and your sweet compliments.
Funfair...I've forgotten the feel of excitement going to funfair. Kinda of miss that feeling.(smile)
By the way...Its a pleasure knowing you and your family, have a wonderful day.
Chao...

Felix Chai said...

Hi Janet,
Thanks for your sweet and heart melting greetings! Your photo blog is amazing and inspiring! I love shooting...not with bullets but with camera! :)

Get lots of joy today,
Arts of life